As the need for quality and faster releases is rising, the need for agile methods is also rising rapidly. Today, businesses are adopting the agile approach as it helps them to maintain and deliver projects within the time frame. With continuous iterations, teams can deliver the product much faster as compared to other methodologies. There are many more benefits associated with this methodology which makes it so popular. Let us now try to understand this methodology in depth.
What is agile methodology?
It is focused on iterative development and is designed to adapt to changes, respond to constant feedback, and provide constant results. It is the most significant approach of project management that is used in SDLC. This approach has been introduced in the field of software development to overcome difficulties that were previously present in the waterfall model. It works on the iterative and incremental model. Processes are tailored according to the need of the specific project and customer requirements.
Why are the key values of agile methodology?
The key values are of the agile methodology are:
- Individuals and interactions over processes and tools
- Working software over comprehensive documentation
- Customer collaboration over contract negotiation
- Responding to change over following a plan
What are some of the popular agile methodologies?
There are various types of agile methods such as:
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Extreme programming
- Feature-driven development
- Dynamic system development method
What benefits do businesses get with the agile methodology?
- Helps to improve customer satisfaction – By incorporating agile practice in an organization, teams can deliver quality products to the customer faster. The agile methodology ensures that the customer is involved throughout the process so that customers get updates on their products and their requirements are fulfilled. This ensures customer satisfaction and happiness which is one of the main reason behind agile popularity
- It is smaller and faster – Agile follows an iterative and incremental approach to development. As compared to other methodologies, agile focuses on deploying first progress in a couple of weeks or the entire piece of software in a couple of months.
- It is effective and efficient – Agile methodology focuses on individuals and interactions and increases team productivity, it also ensures continuous collaboration and ensures that the teams are adaptable to changes so that quick results can be obtained
- It contains a variety of methods – This methodology has a variety of methods that can be used as per the varying demands. The various methods are Scrum, Kanban, Feature-Driven Development (FDD), Rapid Application Development (RAD), Extreme Programming (XP), Crystal, etc.
- It enhances work culture and productivity – This methodology encourages team collaboration, transparency between client and company which improves the work culture of an organization and increases productivity
Conclusion: Agile methodologies are getting much popular among enterprises. These methodologies help the team to anticipate changes during the software development process and help teams to deliver a quality product to the customer in less time. Also, it encourages a great working culture in the organization driven by collaboration and communication. It ensures that teams work in collaboration with each other and adapt themselves to the constant changes and feedbacks. Leverage agile testing from a next-gen QA and software testing services provider to get high-quality software.